Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What Do YOU Plan for 2013?

It is the beginning of the second week of the new year.  We all have resolutions, plans, and things we would like to accomplish in the next 51 weeks.  How, though, do we plan these things out and then stick to them?

For me it's really a case of taking everything one day at a time.  Sure, I plan ahead, but I also do my best to stay fluid with these plans and allow them to evolve into what they are supposed to be, as opposed to what I want them to be.  I want my new seeker class to have a dozen or more students in it.  I want them to be as excited about the craft as I am.  I want them to be open to learning a new way of being.  Those things said, I have two committed students and a third that might join.  The commitments I have are excited, but only going through the classes will we know if they are open to a new way.

Not only do I want those things for my students, but I want to be able to learn from them and be able to evolve the lessons in a way that we all learn something.  I view teaching as a way to learn from my students. I want them to express their own views and perceptions of the world and the lessons so that I can see things differently, too.

Another plan I have for myself in 2013 is to be able to finish my second degree classes and initiate.  This is another thing that I am simply going to allow to happen in its own time.  These things can not be forced.  They always happen precisely when they should and I keep reminding myself of that.  I plan to put together a couple of sabbat celebrations (maybe more) and host them because I am being called to do this and because I can.  Does it mean that it will happen?  I hope it does.  I hope I can manifest these things.  If I don't, well, I just don't this go around.

So, are you planning any major changes this year?  Have you thought about how you are going to make them happen?  Have you thought about how rigid you are going to be with them?  Have you pondered if that rigidity is necessary?  This year is still new.  We can make of it what we wish.

Blessings for a fruitful year ahead, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment